Save energy and money while helping the environment, find out more about how your facility can benefit by switching to solid water treatment with a free site survey from Chem-Aqua.
Why should you consider solid water treatment for your cooling, boiler or process water system? Well let’s take a look…
- Health and Safety - With a maximum weight of 20kg, a box of solid water treatment can be equivalent of up to 200kg liquid treatment. It can be delivered and moved with ease, significantly reducing the manual handling concerns of liquid drums.
- Foot print benefit - Solids have a significantly smaller volume than liquids, which means they will occupy a much smaller space in storage at your facility. Moreover, the solid feed equipment is far more compact and can be installed on the wall, freeing up much needed critical floor space in a utility room.
- Green goals - Businesses are considered green if they efficiently use energy, water and other resources, with minimal impact on human health and the environment. Small changes to the utility processes can help you gain this green status. If your business has cooling towers, chillers or boilers, one key change should be to implement an effective water treatment programme. Well treated recirculating water helps keep your systems working as efficiently as possible, minimising your energy and water usage.
If water is left untreated, impurities are free to wreak havoc throughout your system. Scale, iron deposits and microbiological growth can develop rapidly, leading to substantial damages to expensive equipment like boilers, chillers, etc.
Slime films that grow on the inside of pipes are highly insulating, making heat exchange a much more energy demanding task. For example, a 2000 kW chiller with just 0.13mm of slime film build up will cost an additional €10,160 to run, and will produce an additional 54,664kg of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions annually.
Chem-Aqua is committed to providing environmentally responsible water treatment to help you minimise energy and water usage.
Find out how you can cut your operational costs and hit your environmental targets with a solid water treatment programme.
Did you know that treating a 2000kw cooling system with Chem-Aqua solid chemistry could:
- Reduce and recycle packaging
- Use less sodium hydroxide
- Save on delivery fuel, cutting CO2 emissions down by 705kg every year; that’s equivalent to 77 trees!
Start saving with HandiBloc
Save up to 30% on water costs and 5% on energy costs by switching to solid water treatment with HandiBloc; how much would that mean to your business?
The latest anti-scaling and fouling technology for cooling towers and steam boilers, in a solid block form, exclusive to Chem-Aqua.
With a maximum weight of 20kg; a box of four (equivalent of up to 200kg liquid inhibitor) can be delivered, moved and stored at your facility with ease; reducing the risk and manual handling concerns of liquid drums.
Up to four HandiBloc solid blocks can be stacked inside our HandiFeed solid block feeder. Our technical engineers replenish the solid blocks during regular scheduled maintenance visits, allowing you to focus on your business knowing your water treatment is taken care of.
Solid Water Treatment addresses the safety and environmental concerns associated with liquid chemicals
Splash and spills, chemical exposure, drum storage and drum disposal top the list of problems associated with liquid treatment products. Our solid water treatment technology is proven to reduce these risks
Our HandiPak solid concentrates are supplied in recyclable 5kg plastic containers; reducing exposure and handling. Our HandiBloc range has even less packaging, reduced to a plastic film. One case of HandiPak or HandiBloc products is equivalent to up to 200 litres of traditional liquid treatment. This lowers your labour costs and frees up floor space; four cases take up the same space as one 200 litre drum.
These HandiPak/ HandiBloc solid concentrates are dissolved as needed into a small plastic reservoir using a reliable HandiFeed mixing board. The solution is then pumped into your system, just like with traditional liquid chemicals. Standard controllers and chemical feed pumps are utilised to administer the product to the system.
Most of the raw materials in our solid concentrates are 100% active. In contrast, liquid formulations only contain a small amount of actives, blended and shipped with water in drum form. In order to stabilise these during shipment and storage, caustic soda or potash are added. This does not help treatment, they only aid in solubilising other ingredients and are eliminated from the solid formulas.