Our experts are happy to come to you! Ask us for a FREE, no obligation consultation and site survey.
K KUBE is one of the most advanced and comprehensive fuel quality programmes available across Europe. This unique delivery system, combined with our powerful diesel additive, Kube Guard, improves fuel quality and ignition. How? K KUBE automatically injects diesel additive to the storage tank during fuel delivery, controlling contamination and bacteria, helping to prevent corrosion and highlighting diesel related problems before they impact your equipment.
Diesel fuel is often one of a company’s largest expenses and unfortunately there is very little control over its quality. Diesel fuel quality deteriorates every time it’s handled.
- Rougher grades are being extracted
- Best parts are used to produce gasoline, jet fuel and kerosene
- Multiple handling creates potential cross contamination: exploration, refinery, pipeline, terminal, wholesale, delivery truck, storage & equipment
- Sulphur reduction (<10ppm)
- Biodiesel addition (FAME)
- Emission reduction
Problem: Poor combustion
The cetane number affects the ignition ability of the fuel. The higher the number, the better the ignition.
A lower cetane number creates:
- Longer start times, which drain your battery faster
- Detonation wear from late ignition (not at dead top centre), which damage piston heads, rings, valves and cylinder liners
- Power loss from unburned fuel
- Increased emissions, which can lead to blockages in after exhaust systems such as DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter)
- Higher consumption when not all fuel ignites, leading to more fuel being needed to achieve the same requirement
- Increased wear on electric system
Solution: K KUBE
K KUBE contains cetane improvers to help improve combustion, leading to:
- Increased cetane number from 2 to 8% (1 to 4 points)
- Faster starting times providing less drain on your battery and motor
- Less noise; ignition happens at the right time - top dead centre
- More power and decreased fuel consumption as the majority of fuel ignites in chamber
- Decreased smoke emissions, which makes it easier for after exhaust systems such as DPF
General assumption: fuel reaching the combustion chamber is of the same quality as when it was delivered to the storage tank.
This is not always the case as fuel can age via oxidation. This can lead to:
- The build-up of gum and fine sediments at the bottom of the storage tank
- Clogged injectors and filters
- Poor spray pattern affecting combustion and increasing consumption
Solution: K KUBE
K KUBE contains technology to minimise contamination in storage tanks and vehicle fuel lines.
- Fuel stabilisers protect diesel during storage for better ignition. Prevents diesel from O2 degradation (oxidation)
- Detergent and dispersant agents clean injector nozzles, resulting in a better spray pattern
Problem: Water contamination
Water is always present in diesel. It comes from the delivery, humidity (air) or from the condensation in the storage tank.
Water contamination leads to:
- Microbiological growth on the water/fuel interface
- Rust & corrosion of metal parts
- Fuel freezing in winter
- Poor combustion (increases consumption)
Solution: K KUBE
Kube Guard contains splitting agents to help minimise water contamination.
- Prevent emulsification (separation of fuel & water)
- Easier to drain water from the bottom of the tank
- Inhibit bacterial growth
Problem: Poor Lubricity
Sulfur is a natural lubricant. In diesel it provides extra lubricity to metal parts.
Due to environmental regulations, the EU has lowered diesel sulphur content to no more than 10ppm. This creates two major problems:
- Mechanical wear; this is 5x more likely to happen in fuel injection systems
- Chemical wear; the process to remove sulfur also removes corrosion inhibitors. Fuel becomes corrosive
Poor lubricity can lead to equipment breakdown & parts replacement
Solution: Kube Guard
Kube Guard contains lubricity agents to compensate for the lack of sulfur in diesel, providing you with:
- Improved lubrication of the injection pump to reduce wear
- Protection of the nozzle and avoidance of malfunction
The K KUBE programme automatically injects our diesel additive, Kube Guard, to the storage tank during fuel delivery. Kube Guard then gets to work, improving fuel quality and combustion, whilst reducing exhaust emissions. Kube Guard contains the latest technology of Cetane improvers to improve the combustion process and enhance performance. It is versatile – can be used with standard, ultra-low sulphur fuels and biodiesels and can be used for naturally aspirated, turbo diesel, direct or indirect as well as those with common rail HDI and TDI models.
Kube Guard was tested in a controlled environment by the UTAC-CERAM group.
The K KUBE programme:
Control of diesel quality - We test for:
- Water presence
- Solid contamination
- Cold filter plugging
- Cetane number (optional)
Diesel treatment package - We use the right product for the situation:
- Decreases fuel consumption
- Improves lubricity
- Cleans the injection system
- Improves diesel fuel flow properties (cold)
- Controls bacteriological growth
Automated injection system
- Delivers right quantity every time
- 24hr monitoring - Patented telemetry system
- Fully serviced
How does it work?
K KUBE is an eco-friendly and customised solution. Our experts will conduct a site survey, analysing factors such as vehicle fleet, position of diesel tank and type of diesel fuel used to determine the right solution for your needs.
We continue to develop our solutions and products to ensure we meet your requirements. Our diesel fuel quality programme is developed to provide you with 24hr monitoring through our patented telemetry system and is able to highlight problems before they impact your equipment.
CRITERIA DIESEL FUEL (B5) DIFFERENCE WITHOUT ADDITIVE WITH ADDITIVE Consumption L/100km 26.1 25.2 -3.3% CO2 g/km 686 662 -3.5% NOx g/km 6.802 5.5 -19.1% Particules 0.019 0.015 -20.6% CO g/km 0.463 0.407 -12.1%