- pH neutral formulation – safer to use and kinder for the environment than traditional acid based rust removers
- Works at room temperature – no heating equipment required; saves on costs and energy
- Concentrated; dilutes 1:10 – for economical derusting and convenient storage
- Prevents flash rusting – the patented formulation of X-Rust 7, including its pH neutral properties inhibit flash rusting
Typical application areas
- Agriculture – used to de-rust and extend the life of farming tools, specialist equipment and machinery parts.
- Automotive industry – used to de-rust parts during vehicle restoration or parts that have developed rust during storage. Also used to de-rust tools.
- Rail – used as part of a maintenance programme to de-rust trackside components and shims, also used in rail workshops.
- Yellow metals –use X-Rust 7 to remove tarnish and brighten yellow metals such as brass, copper and bronze – ensure uncontaminated fresh dilution is used.
- Construction companies - used as part of a lifting gear inspection regime to ensure structural integrity of rusted chains. X-Rust 7 is also used to de-rust equipment and tools as well as cleaning rust stains from concrete surfaces.
- Marine & shipyards - The high salt content in the marine environment leads to accelerated corrosion of parts and equipment; X-Rust 7 can be used to manage this corrosion. X-Rust 7 is very effective at removing white rust from zinc surfaces, a particular issue in coastal regions.
- Manufacturing Workshops – used to de-rust; nuts, bolts, tools and machine parts.
- Remove any loose soils, oil and grease.
- Dilute 1:10 with water.
- Fully immerse the part in the rust removal solution. Soak until rust is removed.
Soak time may vary:
- Light surface rust: 15 minutes
- Heavy rust: a few hours
- Severe rust: up to 24 hours
After soaking, rinse with water and dry thoroughly. If placing into storage, a protective coating may be required.
NOTE: Parts which are in contact with the solution for a long time may experience some darkening of the metal; this is not detrimental to the metal.